1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S10 Blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wiletaz2, May 7, 2006.

1. wiletaz2

wiletaz2 Junior Member

Hello All, I'm considering buying a '95 S10 Blazer (as primary transportation-only vehicle 'til I can save up for a car w. good fuel economy)I plan to see & test drive it tomorrow, maybe have my mechanic look it over, check for oil leaks , smoke, etc. It's the 2-door model, w. the 4.3 Vortek 6cyl. ( I have heard this is a good engine, - strong, durable ) The body appears in good shape in the picture and it's advertised as having "low miles",4x4,auto,power everything. I'd like to throw a small plow on it, will have an opportunity to sub - contract and do 12-15 small residential drives, plus mine my parents,grandparents. Does anyone have good reports/experience w. this vehicle and /or recommendations for what model plow and any upgrades I should do, for example tranny cooler or beefing up shocks/suspension,torsion bar? I'm aware that plowing really beats up your vehicle. Thanks for any help/advice!
  2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I put a 6.5' Meyer on my old 1988 S-10 with a 2.8 v-6 last fall. Worked fine..I will go with a 7' next time. The 4.3 v-6 is a very good engin, had one in my 89 K2500 with 8' Fisher. Be sure to put the largest Tranny cooler you can fit in .