1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S10 Blazer big enough?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Northman, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Right now I am using a 1980 jeep cherokee with a heavy duty northman plow on my 700' driveway. I got alot of drifting snow banks and etc. Well the jeep still runs fine and the plow never misses a bit but rust cancer has gotten to the frame,floors body and she is going quickly. Gas tank has to be held in with straps now. What i am wondering is if I can take my 1991 4.3 S10 blazer 4x4 4 door and put a 6 1/2' plow on it and get the job done. The blazer weighs less and the plow would weigh less. Just wondering if it would be able to push the heavy snows i get. Anybody got in experience using a 4.3 S10's for plowing, share your thoughts. Who makes a good 6.6 plow? Looking at Sno-way, Western, Myers, Blizzard. Thoughts. pit of snows I deal with in my driveway http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9371&d=1107720326
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  2. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I use a 2000 chevy Blazer with a 680lt blizzard plow mounted. I have no problems plowing the amount of snow I get here. I just have to plow with the big storms instead of wait till the end. I have not put timbrens on. when the plow is in the up position it only drops about an inch.
  3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

You'll be fine with the S10. Put a bunch of weight in the back for balast & traction and you should be all right. Beats shoveling or blowing...:nod:

4. BigSky

BigSky Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I can't remember if it was a 90 or 91 S10 Blazer 4x4 but I plowed with it for about 5 years and it was great. Never got stuck, never broke down and very easy to work around in driveways. With the short wheel base I don't think you'll need to add any weight either. My only modification was a good set of tires and an extra large cup holder!
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a 6'5" Western plow on the front and that thing had to be the best plow truck I have had. I kick myself for getting rid of it....you can go anywhere with it and push whatever you want. You will be very happy!:nod: :nod:
  6. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I've got a 93 with the 4.3 althought mines a vortec, they have plenty of power, but yes use plenty of weight. I run eight 70lb sandbags in the back, and the rear barely sags, guess they have some pretty stiff springs. Keep the plow angled also and just give er the beans and DONT let off till ur done with the push. Otherwise the 4.3 has plenty of power, traction is what you need to make sure you have.
  7. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Would any of you guys mind posting a picture of your truck mount frames? I'm having a hell of a time getting a western mount for my sonoma, every one says they are sold out until next spring when western resumes manufacturing. It looks like I'm gonna modify the jeep cherokee mount that I have.