1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S&E vs AFE cold air intake on 7.3l

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowish10, Mar 23, 2013.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Looking to see which is better between S&b or Afe. I know there pretty much the same thing. But looking to see how much fuel mileage was gained and better overall on a 7.3l.

Thanks.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

thats what i did works and sounds great

zpfile000 (9).jpg

4. snowish10

The only thing I was worried about with that is, wouldn't it be better to have a cold air intake? But I am going to check that out, well worth it!

5. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

your truck has an intercooler, I wouldnt be too worried about intake temps. Even cheaper, a 45 degree 4" elbow and the 6637 filter from NAPA

6. snowish10

That is true, napa the filter is 58$. But would the 45 connect from the stock intake tube to the filter?

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

napa filter is $58, riffraff filter is $28.
    you can buy the filter alone, or the kit which comes with the filter, elbow, and cleanable cover for an initial price of $79. then you only need to wash the cover and replace the filter every 2-3 years.
    to buy the parts seperatly through napa or other places will cost you close to $100

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought that filter from Everything Truck Parts (the actual Donaldson Filter) for $38 shipped to my door. Home Depot sells the 45* angle PVC for a couple bucks.

Cheap but effective. I'm not worried about the "filter cover", that is what the filter is designed for and only restricts air more.