1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S.A.M. 810 Replacement edge

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fci, Dec 30, 2010.

1. fci

fci Senior Member

Does anyone know the S.A.M. replacement part number for A 810 power plow cutting edge.
  2. fci

fci Senior Member

I have found out that you can only buy the center cutting edge from Buyers or S.A.M.. The wings you have to buy from blizzard or make your own. I am welding on winter carbides on all my plows to extend the life of the edge.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Just cut a section of the main edge and weld it to the bottom of the wing edges, as well as the winter carbides.

What's the p/n for the main edge?
  4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Why go through all that when you can have your own made for less $$$ . We have our own edges made up at a fab shop, heck thats what a bunch of dealers do. Just take the old ones down they measure the holes punch them out and there you go.

Bob :D :D :D :drinkup:
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Yep! And weld the old edges to the bottom of the new ones. Like this:
    (oh, and I had my new replacements made at 7" tall :) )

6. Kris1646

Kris1646 Junior Member

What kind of steel are they making your cutting edge out of.
  7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'm not sure. I remember they said it was harder then stock. I will call them tomorrow and see if they wrote it down in my file. I know they saved the diminsions so next time I just have to call and order, not take my old one in.