1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S-10 wiring

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by drtumolo, Dec 10, 2005.

1. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

I am trying to help my Dad connect his meyers plow to a 2004 s-10 with automatic headlights and DRL's. Can someone tell me what lights and adapters I will need to connect?

2. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

What mounting carton are you using??

3. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

I am sorry but I dont know what you mean by "mounting carton".

4. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Just curious to what Meyer hitch system you installed since there is not one engineered for the newer small trucks.

What is the bulb # of the vehicle headlights??

Brian

5. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

the plow originally was on a Toyota(early 80's). My Dad use to be a welder so he made a new subframe for his s-10. I do not know what meyers called this mount. I think the bulbs that the truck uses are Hb-1 & Hb3??? It appears that western offers a wiring harness for this truck. Would it be possable to mate the western controls with the meyers pump?

6. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Although expensive, the Meyer Nite-Saber lights with the correct adapter harness will work. You may be better off "hard wiring" a set of snow plow lights to the vehicle.

Do you have a Meyer pump that you can use.

The Western unit available is their Suburbanite which is a nice plow for that size vehicle. I have several customers using them without any problems.

I do not believe mixing and matching harnesses and pumps will be an option. But then again, anything is possible.

On the other hand, we have converted several old Western plow pumps over to the Meyer pumps by changing the pump, harness and controller.

Brian

7. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

p.s. if you want to call me tomorrow, my office # is

419-468-1709

8. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

Thanks for the help. I will try to give you a call at your office tomarrow.