1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S-10 plow???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ceaman, Nov 7, 2002.

1. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

A friend of mine is looking for a plow for his 2000 S-10 4x4. I was thinking he could go sno-way. Anyone else have any comments or ideas?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i have seen some of the newer style s-10s with sno ways. I think thats the best way to go. I may have seen one with a light duty fisher too, but cant remember. the older style s-10s could hold a bigger plow, but i dont think the newer ones can. maybe somebody else can clarify that.

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I believe western makes a plow for this vehical; 6'-6" blade. Meyer has a nice 6'-6" poly plow that I have seen on many like trucks. Garagekeeper would probably be able to answer you question with the greatest accuracy. He has seen more of his fair share of new S10's pass through his shop. Should have good feedback on all brands.

As for the Snoway plow, my take is that the plow will weigh close to most other brands when the light kit is installed.

4. sun&snow

sun&snow Junior Member
    from midwest

I had an S-10 up until last year and went with snoway. Used the plow hard for 4 years with no complaints.

This year I sold the truck and went for a new setup. In fact I would be willing to sell my onld plow if your friend is interested.

5. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

S10 plow

My Husband use to be the Sno-Way Rep in the Midwest, and I know that Sno-Way is the only way to go. They specifically make a plow for that size truck. I would personally recommend also, having the clear Hyzod insert put into the plow. And with the new 5 year warranty he shouldn't have any problems with it. Let me know if I can help in any way. Good luck and I hope this helps. Bryans Wife, Beth

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

S-10 Plows

ceaman I still install Western 6.6 standard plows and a set of Timbrens if it's a regular S-10, if it's a ZR2 S10 then I make up hanger brackets and install 6.6 Meyer poly blades. I know of a few used blades and mounts should your friend be interested. :rolleyes: John

7. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Plow snow with an S-10? Nope, uh-uh, no way! Everbuddy knows you gotta have a big ol' 3/4 ton (at least) with a gazillion horsepower deezul engine if'n yer gonna plow snow. Ain't no way them little trucks kin push a snowplow!

That's a 91 S with an 8' Series 25 Sno-Way on the front and a 75 LDA Snowman on the back. 4.3, 700R4, 225/75-15 XL Weathermasters and 3.42 gears. Works like a big truck.

View attachment 91swith2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2002
  8. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Alan, you ain't foolin anyone. We've all seen enough of your metalwork to know there's a 2003 2500HD with a Duramax under that S-10 sheet metal.... :)

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

thats a sweet little rig. i bet that can work wonders on larger sidewalks and commercial sites. residential driveways, i bet you can just plow up, turn around, and come back down.

10. DAVE IN BUFFALO

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

I have a Meyer 6.5 Poly plow that has worked great for a long time. It was on my 94 s 10 Blazer. Its is great and only weighs around 450 pounds!!

11. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

public works in new haven CT use fisher snow plows on s 10.east haven CT board of Education use the same setup also.from what i`ve seen they work real good.2 winters ago when we had a foot of snow in east haven i had to pull some of the towns big plow trucks out of the snow while the s 10 and F-350 were moving right along.they ended up plowing two storms that year with all the small trucks.they called in all the ford L9000 and Mack RDs cause they couldn`t plow the snow.they were getting stuck.goes to show that smaller is better at times.

12. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Hey Alan-

How come I see a larger gap at the top, than at the bottom between the bed and the cab? Is that the weight on the bow and stern arcing the frame? Only "the shadow" knows huh? ;) :D j/k

13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Alan,

I had two International Scouts when I did residential drives years ago. One 1968 with a Fisher and one 1980 with a Fisher. Both had the little 4 cylinders, I think they were 198 CI's. It's all about torque and traction. Put those things in 4 wheel low and they would go anywere. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2002