1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S 10 Blazer will not start

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by agutier, Jan 16, 2005.

1. agutier

agutier Junior Member

1985 S 10 Blazer will not start. I have replaced pickup coil, dis cap, module, ignition coil, and I am not getting any spark to the plugs.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Perhaps an ECM issue?

These trucks are carbed, right? Pretty sure they still have a computer.

Check all your wiring over.

Could still be other issues in the distributor too. I assume you replaced the rotor at the same time as the cap?

I am not really familliar with the setup on these.

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

are you getting power to the primary side of coil

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Is the distributor even turning, ie: timing chain. Just a thought. If it is a carb, the ignition system is not computer controlled. I f the pickup coil and module are good and the distributor is turning and assuming you have power to the right places, you should at least have spark out of the ignition coil. :D

5. Mainer

Mainer Junior Member
    from Maine

Check for fire at the plug. Check for fuel. all ways start with the basics.

6. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I think he answered that one in his second sentence. The basics. Compression, Fuel, & Spark (@the correct time). All needed in order to run.

7. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

ecm fuse 10 amp, is it blown?

8. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

Check your ECM-B fuse, if it's blown look under the carpet in the driver's side footwell. The wiring tends to wear through under where your feet usually rest and short to ground. Without power in this circuit you will have no spark and the fuel ump will not run.

9. derekbroerse

Don't think it matters... the guy never came back in almost a month now... :rolleyes:

10. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

But if someone searches the archives, there's some good info here that could possibly help others :)

11. derekbroerse

True enough... didn't know about the wire under carpet problem myself....

Now if only we could make the world search for the info first, and ask second... :jester: