1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ryno Linning??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cfdff85, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Does any know anything about Ryno Linnings? If you had slight rusting on your bed floor will the dealer applying the ryno linning sand it or sand bast the rust off or is that up to the owner of the vehicle to do?

2. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Let them look at it. If it isn't bad they will sand it for a few extra bucks. Just make sure you ask about the warranty though. A friend had his done and a part came off and they refused to cover it under the warranty because of the rust.
    Everyone in my area has been doing their own with Herculiner. May not be as good as rhino but for a fraction of the cost it may be an alternative. Our local dealers are charging $525 for a 6 box under the rail. $600 over the rail. Herculiner $100 with 4 hours of your time. A few guys have bought extra, figuring they will have to touch it up. It is going on 2 years and everyone seems to be happy with no problems. I actually just bought a Herculiner kit to do my 2500HD with as soon as I have time.
    My last 2500 had the rhino liner in, and it worked great, no problems after 2 years.

Keep me posted as to what they say about the warranty.

3. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

Why don't you call one of the rhino lining dealers? I had mine done on my 02 2500HD and its awesome!

I would definately recommend it.

-Greg

PS Mine was done at:

Heibeck Motors
    943 Danbury Road
    Georgetown, CT 06829 (Between Wilton and Ridgefield CT)
    (203) 544-8625
    http://www.rhinonow.com/heibeckmotors

They are very knowledgeable and have done hundreds and hundreds of these. Call them - i'm sure they can answer your question.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If it is rusted badly, it will need to be blasted.And at your cost most likely.The dealers have to sand all surfaces to make the coating stick.I had a flat bed done and they didnt sand it properly, and it peeled off in places. They ended up stripping it all off and redoing it.Life time warranty you know.

5. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I finally got my herculiner installed, will post some pics soon. It actually came out pretty nice.

6. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

It was raining again when I took the pictures,,lol
    I am happy with it, only took about 3-4 hours work time

herculiner1resize.jpg

herculiner2resize.jpg

herculiner3resize.jpg

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Dave where did you buy your herculliner kit at?

Thanks Mike

8. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Mike I got it at an A&A auto store. $95.00. A few guys I know got theirs at either Pep boys or Autozone. You can even get them through NAPA stores now, well at least you can here.

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Thanks Dave I have a Autozone right up the street.

Mike

10. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Ryno vs LineX ??

Picking up a new 1500 HD in a few days and wondered what the experience was regarding Ryno liner versus LineX? I know most who have one or the other seem to like what they have, and am sure both are good products but thought I would put the question up anyway.

Durability and keeping stuff from sliding around is more important to me than perhaps mild fading. Anti-slip when wet is also important.

11. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Rip, Have no experience with lineX. Closest dealer to me is 2 hours away. I had a rhino liner in my last truck for about 2 years and was still in great shape when I sold it. Rhino also has a lifetime warranty through the applying dealer

12. new2it

new2it Member

Line-x

I had line-x installed last summer. I love it but have nothing to compare it to. From what I found on this site, rhino is a little softer but stuff doesn't slide as much in the bed. With the texture on my line-x I have not had any problems with stuff moving around. They both have lifetime warranty so go with whoever is more convenient. Should be about the same price either way.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Have one truck box covered with line-X and love it, it's thick ,wears great and if you ever manage to scratch through it they'll fix it free, I'm going to have my rocker panels covered with it this summer. they can match the color of your truck and you can have it sprayed on with it textured or smooth, good stuff!!!
    I have seen some good looking do-it your-self jobs, there allot cheaper, but there no where as thick as having some one spray it on.

14. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback.... I know both are good products, and there are a number of shops that do both here in the Denver area. I am leaning towards LineX but wondered if there was something I should know before making the plunge.