1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rusty Under carriage

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by BSDeality, Jan 2, 2007.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Hey Dan,
    After I posted some pictures of my Toyota truck on a Toyota forum I got a lot of flak about how much rust I had on the frame of my truck. (came that way used). I was thinking I would spray everything down with FF to stop the rusting. Is there a spray on degreaser I can use after a couple weeks to get remove the FF so I can paint the frame? then I would top coat it again in FF.

Is there a degreaser that is powerful enough to just spray on-wash off FF? There are just too many nooks that would be hard to scrub the FF off of.

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Use engine degreaser. I like the stuff that foams up, they have a gel out that works pretty good also. You can get it at any auto parts store. I use it to clean wheels wells so I can get them clean enough to put undercoating on, looks better to me.

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

That should work. Just make sure you get the Fluid Film off before painting.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

thats what I'm most worried about. I treated one of my paint machines earlier this fall and it worked really well at keeping paint off. Now I just have to track down some bulk in CT. I thought I remembered seeing a member from Norwalk, CT that said he was a FF dealer, but I didn't see him listed in the dealer directory.

5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I'm working on keeping the dealer locator up to date, but there is a problem with communication I am trying to work out. You could always purchase through mowpart.com if you can't find it locally.