1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rusty Reservoir

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wils5150, Dec 3, 2013.

1. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

My reservoir was a bit punky from rust. I drained the chocolate looking fluid out as well as purge the rams. My questions are 1 how much fluid should it take? I ended up putting in 2 qt. 2 should the breather be replaced?
    Thanks.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of plow?
    If you can clean the breather that's ok.

3. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

lol forgot that its a mm1 with the insta act

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to fill, run the functions and then drain again. If the fluid was that bad, just the rams and canister won't get it all out. Replace the breather it is a pressure cap and its not that expensive.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Whenever I change the fluid in my pump I change the breather and the suction filter

6. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

ok thanks guys

7. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

gray breather, really cheap, thats the newer style...deff get it and make the switch if u still have the old metal one......Also, i used a hydraulic flush fluid that Meyer puts out in a cleaning kit....works really good, gets those cylinders and system nice and clean again...after you use it you just refill with Fisher Fluid
    [​IMG]

8. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member