1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rusty Kegs 2010-2011 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 14, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, as many of u may kno in June we lost our shop and all our stuff (Bros house, trucks, plows, salter, mowers, trailers, etc)..

So we bought back our 09 Silverado 3500 HD...

We rebuilt it, put all kinds of new stuff (more to come)...

My bro got a 03 Silverado 3500... Its a Dump...

I fixed up my 09 8' 2" Boss Poly Vee and put it back on my 09.

My bro bought a 07 8' 2" Steel Vee for his truck (it was like new, only used 12 times)...

Ill start with the truck pics, and a school we plow...

3500 1.jpg

sears 2.jpg

both 01.jpg

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE!! How much does the vee clear the rear end by? In vee, angled, etc?
  3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice looking fleet you have. Both trucks look great.
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice set up you guys have, Do you guys do more then the school?
  5. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

looks like yall need to plow your own driveway :)

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dang bro you sure do make A LOT of threads about one truck, seriously calm down with all the threads, its getting annoying trying to follow 5 diffrent threads on 1 truck.
  7. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

that front end looks like a 2wd or something i had to say it
  8. rusty_keg_3

It clears it by a few inches at all times... When he finds a 9' 2" v plow for a good price (prob used, maybe new)...

Thanks, i know its not the newest, nicest stuff but we can push some snow..

Nope... Lol, yea... We do a TV station, Sears (side walks), that school, and a church... Those take about 10 hours by themself... Then we have 2 real estate offices, town houses, 5-6 apartments, a few houses... And a few other (i cant remember everything...

Ha! yea, well its my bros house... But we dont get paid to do his drive way, so its like our last priority... His wife just stayed home for the day, so it wasnt a big deal...

Sorry... I (like most people here) are proud of my stuff... I work hard for it, and try to take care of it... And i know i like looking at other peoples stuff too... I made this thread so i could just have all my pics in 1 spot... I wanna let the others die down... I just figured id rather have a general pic thread, instead of having pics of the 03 with the 09 rebuild thread... (im very anal about this stuff lol) sorry... Ill try to give it a rest...

Negative... Both trucks are four wheel drive... Which truck are u refering to?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

hes referring to how much the front of your truck is sagging with the weight of the plow on it.
  10. rusty_keg_3

Ahh, ok... Yea, i know its been a problem for 2 years now... A lot say crank the t-bars... But i heard it beats up ur truck (joints n what not)... So im looking at a leveling kit...

Ohh, we needed a WB salter badly so we got a Salt Dogg WB100... It shall suffice for now, sure beats a 5 gallon bucket (heres a stock photo i found)

11. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Seriously though, crank the t-bars.......your plowing snow, those parts will be wearing out anyways!
  12. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Nice trucks and v-plows. You guys are getting quite a fleet Thumbs Up
  13. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

most leveling kits do the same thing as cranking the t-bars, the just re index the position, which is the same thing that cranking the tbars does. the only reason yo would need a lift kit is if the t-bar bolts are maxed out and you cant crank them any more. But if you plan on cranking them alot, then get shock extenders or extended length shocks, but if your only putting a few turns on them, it wont cause harm, but either way you should get an alignment after cranking or putting new keys on.
  14. rusty_keg_3

Thanks man, you have a set up too! Were trying to grow...

We would have a third truck (99 chevy 2500 with 8 ft western) that was my bros truck, it got destroyed beyond repair... It got hit with the neighbors chimney, and crushed by a tree... But 2 shall suffice for now... Right now he is shopping for another 2500 (maybe 3500), chevy... Ext cab (maybe even crew), shortbed... He really liked that truck, and needs a daily driver, and somethin he can haul his wife and step daughter in comfortably. Then he will but a plow on it in (im guessing a boss)...

Ohh, i dont know the technical name but the 2 bars that attach to the light bar on the plow got bent... so i still gotta straighten all of that out, cuz my lights point a little to the left... I dont kno if its just like the frame or tower... But im sure some one knows what i mean, and its name...
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  15. mossman381

Keep the pics coming. I enjoy them. :nod:
  16. rusty_keg_3

Thanks man, im glad some people like the... And every1 else, if u want to fight with each other, please not in my thread... I dont wanna get in the plowsite drama...

Ok, i had a few little reflectors laying around, the adhesive dont stick to the tread plate (diamond steel) so i had to throw some self tappers on there... I only did the drivers side to see what you guys think... I would like lights, but dont have the time now...

I also got a light for a back up light... (i planned for 2) TSC only carries 1 at a time... IDK why but its ok, these are only $20 so if i break them i wont have to be to mad... I wanted to mount it up high on the blukhead aka headache rack, or back rack... But with this design i coundnt rind a good place to mount it...

They had 3 "patterns" spot, trapezoid, and flood... I got the trapezoid to see how it looks, and if i dont like it i will get a flood or spot...

I didnt wire it, cuz i couldn't feel my feet and im not sure if i want to splice them into the back up lights or, run a switch to the cab... Im leaning more towards the switch in the cab...

Ohh, and...
    Tomorrow we plan to put the mud flaps on... And put the mowers away...
    And if u look at the inside of the passenger side sides (toung twister lol) you can see the stain i bought, not quite the color i wanted, but it shall suffice... And you can see the sides in the light, not the best craftsmanship, but it was like 15 degrees and i couldnt feel anything, and just wanted to have it done...

So what do you guys think about the reflector, and light?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  17. rusty_keg_3

He is what i was thinking... I originally wanted them up high but not on top (pink) but they don't fit in that small space...

I could do them up top, but its a steel tubing, so ill have to use self tappers... And try to run the wires through it...

If i put it low (green) i don't think it would be able to shine far and down enough... And if i put stuff in the bed it would block it...

I was thinking by the brake lights, but it would only fit sideways... And wouldn't have any where to mount it easily...

Im getting my self a welder for Christmas (with my money and Christmas money) so maybe i could make a "light bar" and have room for other lights like: rotors, strobes, driving, other stuff of that nature...

light ideas.JPG
  18. mossman381

The reflector will do until you can get a light. I would just tap into the backup lights for the lights on the bumper. The lights on the top of the flat bed, I would wire them on a switch in the cab. I don't think I would go any higher on the rack. Looks like it is already high. What about off to the side with the lights?
  19. rusty_keg_3

Ok, for now ill just start with 2 on the bumper... For up front would u say just put them on the bulk head then? Cuz i don't know how to bolt them up... Self tappers maybe? And and ill just have to try my best to hide the wires, i dont think ill have much luck snaking them through the tubes...

And for the ones on the bumper, when they did the flat bed they didn't use the tail light junction box... They ran it to the front... So could i still use the junction box? Like if i figure out what plugs the reverse lights, maybe just fun the wires to it, and put a connector on that... Do you think that would work? Or would i have to just find a plug, and then figure what wire is the reverse, then splice into that...

I was thinking this route because the junction box isnt even being used, so maybe i could use it... And if/when a light breaks it wont be a bear to replace...

Heres a pic of a junction box for those who dont know what it is...
    Our new salter, a pic of the truck and my plowing buddy... (my sister just got him for christmas and he loves riding in the truck)

20. mossman381

If the bulkhead is fully boxed, that is going to be hard to mount that kind of light on it. And fishing the wires through could be a nightmare. Without seeing it in person hard to give you directions.

If they didn't cut the wires going to the junction box you could probably plug the lights into it. How did they hook up the taillights?

Looks like you have a copilot. Does he watch your blind spots?? :)