1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RUSTY frame.......

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by freshsnow, Jul 1, 2013.

1. freshsnow

freshsnow Junior Member
    from 26070

I have a 1995 f250 plow truck I want to repaint or rust reform the frame can someone help me wana use a product that will last and does anyone have pictures of theirs?

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I didn't do mine but I hear that por 15 is awesome stuff I have never heard anything bad about it.

3. freshsnow

freshsnow Junior Member
    from 26070

I read about that a lot of good reviews on it was just wondering if anyone has done it on here

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

POR is pretty good, but prep is essential, any oil or grease it will come off in sheets.

5. toddandkaren

toddandkaren Junior Member
    from nw ohio

Sherwin Williams makes an excellent industrial primer and enamel in black.

6. beaugross

beaugross Member

Prep work is the single most important aspect of any paint / rust restoring project. I have worked with por15 before and i would and will use it again...but on the same token as long as it gets done right just about anything will work....imo

7. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

POR 15 everything you don't want to get rusty anymore. Just did my oil pan and parts of my cab. Even though it's not a truck frame, I just did the bottom of my cab doors, look at rusting f350 doors. I put pictures up there.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Hated por even used there prep products. Sem rustshield worked 10 times better for me.