1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rusty 12valve facelift....

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Oct 8, 2011.

1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Well the old 1995 2500 truck turned 680 000km before the body fell off. After the third body job and the 4th layer of patch on the driver floor I determined enough was enough.

A friend had a nice 99 cab and 1/2 2wd truck whick needed an engine so that became the donor truck. One problem a 99 gasser has not one wire the same as the 95 so it was time to gut both trucks and transform the 99 to a 95.

As the project continued the can of worms opened..... The fame was cracked and rotten too. Well time to play !!!!!

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

The truck was a ex cab long box with 4" lift. With 2 extra cabs and a concrete saw in hand I went to work.

Ended up cutting one cab in half and welding the back section to the back section of the other. At first I was going to make it a short box, but I love the long box too much so the frame needs to be legthened 26"... Why not the frame needed to be choped anyways to remove the bad section.

The cab actually looks good. The body lines matched up well as did the roof. Wish I had a extra door on the back section but I can allways add it down the road. As for now I have enough fabrication to do.

Have some pics on the phone which I will add later.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That is quite the project. I can't say I'd go to those lengths to save a truck. Looking forward to the pics.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Subscribed

5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Here are some pics.....

105.jpg

099.jpg

117.jpg

121.jpg

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Kids will never kick the back of my seat again!!

7. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

holy chop cut rebuild
    I thought patching was alot of work wow

So it's like a superstretch 2nd generation
    Cummins mega cab

8. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Still don't know of a name for it...... Off to the shop I go.

9. JohnnyRoyale

Thats crazy!

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm loving this thread already. Keep the franken'truck pics coming.

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Lol this is awesome, Subbing for more pics.

12. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Funny how my friend called it the Franken truck too !!!! Spent the afternoon fine tuning the body lines for welding tonight. All in all I am pleased with the progress. Drove the truck into the shop two weeks ago. Wanted to start earler but waited for the fuel guage to drop some.

My plan is to weld another 3500 frame to the front section of the 2500 and this adding the 26" for the body addition. This way I have a little more rear spring and helpers. I have been toying with the idea of converting it to a dually. Have a nice box behind the shop, NTM I have always loved the look of 22.5 Alcoa rims and tires on these trucks. But for now keeping it simple as possible. Can always remove the single wheel box and replace it with the dually down the road.

13. JohnnyRoyale

Tandem dually perhaps?

14. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

subscribing.

15. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Franken' progress......

010.jpg

018.jpg

027.jpg

023.jpg

16. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with the family. Might get some time in the shop late evening. MMMM turkey.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The middle left pic looks like an airplane fuselage :laughing:

You are certainly going to have a one of a kind rig.

Happy Thanksgiving!

18. caitlyncllc

caitlyncllc Senior Member

Very interested to watch the progress on this. I like the old Dodges, but man, that's some serious hours your gonna have wrapped into that!

19. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Yes way too many!!!! But on the other hand look at what I will be getting back. A engine which will never quit and a almost new body. Ol Franken' should be good for another 400km. I can hardly contain myself to get the body back on the truck!!!

20. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Sub'ed for updates