1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rusted Meyer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by redplowman, Jul 26, 2008.

1. redplowman

redplowman Member

I have a Meyer snowplow rig with the tubular lift frame system. My problem is that I can't get the lift assembly to pull out of the mount. I have removed the two pins and the two small bolts. I have used heat, hammers, heat with water, chains tied around trees and the @#$%%$# Kitchen sink. :dizzy: Is there any other magic out there that anyone is aware of.

Thanks in advance,
    Redplowman
    wesport
    ussmileyflag

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

rust

the only thing that i can think of is to split the outside truck side tube with a fiber cut of wheel on a die grinder or a cut off wheel .to relive the pressure ,then you can spray some kroil liberally and let it soak then spread it with a air chisel ,with care .then whem you get it out reform the tube and weld it shut again .:salute:

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wild bills method will work as I've had to do that before on the EZ classics...although I only use it as a last resort.

You mentioned that you've tried pulling it with a chain but where did you connect the chain to? If you don't connect it so your pulling directly in-line with the lift frame where it enters the mount, you can pull until you can cook eggs on the transmission and it wont come out if it's really stuck in there.

What I do is weld an attachment point onto the lift frame on each side right below the bend before it enters the mount, and then connect the chain there. This puts your pulling force directly in line with the frozen tube and receiver. This also allows you to "work" it from side to side to help with the removal.

The EZ's would be EZ'er if guys would grease the receiver tubes occasionally. :help:

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

stuck

ditto b&b !!!!!!!:salute:

5. redplowman

redplowman Member

Thanks

Thanks guys,

I got it to move 1\4" so far but at least its moving. I'll give you a big AMEN on the grease. I can tell the guys who used this plow didn't own it or have to work on it. Thanks again:drinkup:

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

p b blaster works really well also i have used that on occasion along with the rest of your methods:drinkup:

7. redplowman

redplowman Member

Thanks

Thanks to all for your help. It wasn't easy but it did come apart. I'll make sure a little grease is used for reassembly. Thanks again!!!