1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by docsgmc, Nov 21, 2010.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

hello blizzard family.....well i got the 860 sw in march 2010.....and i am ready for this years plow season....my question is that i see rust coming from the drain holes....i never plowed with it yet but i did store it outside over the summer.....is there something i should do??i know blizzard plows tend to rust but what do you guys do to slow the ruting down .....it appears to be rusting on the inside of the plow not the outside...
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I paint mine every spring with tremclad, when it's dry ff the crap out of the key areas, pump motor,s cylinders,pivot points,hose connections and especially those drain holes. They need to be rinsed out every time you wash it (can't believe the crap that comes out of them) Paint holds better too if you let it cure over the summer. Now if I can get Blizzard to comp me some decals it would look immaculate for a 2007.
  3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

You can fluid film the areas. We also will you a lituim spray over the rust areas and it seems to slow it down.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

HA! Good luck with that!:dizzy:
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing:Try being Canadian:rolleyes: