1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rust Prevention Paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nachoschevs, Dec 17, 2004.

1. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

Hi all,
    I was searching some old posts trying to get a good answear on rust prevention paint. I looked at Por-15, Rustbullet, and Eastwood Chassis Restoration paints. I would like to know who used these products and which one was the best of all of them. I am going to do my 82 Chevy frame/suspension this summer ( this truck does not see any bad weather if this will make a difference) Any advice on this one would be great.
    Nacho

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I like Por 15 myself. I ahve used it for about 8 years now.

Regards Mike

3. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

flykelley,
    Do you use it on your plow truck? Does it wear off, or do you just use caution and add it every year? Or, have you put it on 8 years ago and it is still going strong. Like I said, this truck will only see sun shine. I want what rust will be left on it to never come back. I thank you for the reply and hope to get more hands on users to comment.
    Nacho

4. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Paint

Zero Rust Look for it on the net. Safer than por and easier to use.Great stuff.
    Chris

5. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I've used POR15 for years with good results (when properly applied) but a recent test by Auto Restorer magazine rated Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator the hands down best. I'll be trying some next summer. Pete

6. tjstruck

tjstruck Junior Member
    from NJ

What's good for just protection, not neccessarily rust treatment?