1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rust holes in my plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Mar 9, 2006.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i have a 7.5ft western unimount can you guys tell me how to fix those little rust holes just above the cutting edge a cheap way or any way there not that big there pin holes but i want to repaint my plow so i need to fix them before i paint it .

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Welder, either fill in the holes if there small eneough, or cut out piece of steel thats rusted, and weld in new piece.

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah my brothers 98 has a small whole in the center of his plow

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i would patch it or reskin it. dont cut corners make sure you do it right or you will run into problems down the road.

5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

^Ya, do it right like he^ does installing windshields:p

6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

You wouldn't have this problem if you had bought a Fisher. And that's all I'm going to say.

-Thann

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I have sheets of yellow 3/8" thick poly that will take care of that prob forever that i could sell ya.....Rob

8. snowplowpro

from NJ

i dont use fisher nor do i use meyers sorry to upset you but who do you think makes fisher ,western does.

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

:gunsfiring:
    i dont use fisher nor do i use meyers sorry to upset you but who do you think makes fisher ,western does. :gunsfiring:

10. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Did fix up your plow fixed up?

:waving: SPP,
    I've been kicking aroung here on plowsite and ran into to this thread. Did you fix up your plow? North Hydraulics has a ploy skin that will go right onto your plow. I would weld up the holes though. Rust is a cancer and will not stop! Weld'em up and use a good primer with zinc oxide. If you have a marine store or a tractor suply near you, you can get them there. Be Cool :cool:

Pale Rider :gunsfiring: