1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rust(electrolosis)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Jan 7, 2001.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

did my homework on rust.it seems that electrolosis will work to stop rust and convert it back to iron,simply take a plastic bucket put the rusty piece in and fill the bucket with one part lye to four parts warm water.THIS IS IMPORTANT- using abattery charger, connect the negative clip to the piece and lower into the solution, then take a rust free large bolt-clip it to the positive terminal and lower it down into the solution but not the clip or it will be eaten away,this really works I took some hopelessly rusted pliers and they came out great in about 20 mins.

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

anyone know where I can get a bucket about the size of an f 150?

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Good one, Tom !!

4. Sammy

Sammy Member

ROFLMAO !

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

No need for a rust bucket FOR an F150,, you already have a rust bucket that IS an F150

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Alan,
    You say the things that I only think.
    Dino

7. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Dang, Alan

After those nice things you said about my dog I was just starting to like you!