1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rust Converter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rcpd34, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Anyone ever heard of a product called 2 in 1 Rust Converter? It's supposed to stop rust and convert it to a strong material. Pretty expensive, but I might give it a shot. Please let me know if any one has used it.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Convert rust to a strong material?

I'm not sure that's the same, but I got a call a month or so ago from some company selling a material to coat metal. Real strong sales tactics - way too pushy for me. I thought it might be something I'd emailed and asked info about until I realized it was just a cold call - apparently from a list they'd gotten from here or SIMA.
  3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Contact info?

Do you have his contact info?
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No, I think it was a company out of Canada. I just remember it was very expensive and they said it was used to coat NASA stuff.
  5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i use a thing called "the must for rust" its does a great job....
  6. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Auto Restorer mag did a comparison of all sorts of "rust convertors" a few issues back. They liked POR15 but said it was a pain to apply. The best in their review was Rust Encapsulator by Eastman (Eastwood?)

I've never used it before, but will next summer when work continues on my 1957 Dodge truck. I've used POR15 a lot and while it IS a pain to prep and apply, it works remarkably well. Pete
  7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

boondox the rust encapsulator is by eastwood and is good and expensive too.

the best i ahve found at converting rust, with minimal effort of anything but wiring brushing the area is made by Hammerite. it is sold by the local ace hardware. I think the name is Hammerite Rust encapsulator. YOu know you have the right areosal can because it is 7 bucks a pop here. But i love it and it last long
  8. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Nothing works like rust Bullet. I'm on my 3 rd gallon. Don't ever buy anything else for rust. I've been fighting it for 30 years and finally found the answer..
    Rustbullet.com Email me if you need some info on application..

Dick :redbounce
  9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Check your PM I sent you a message