1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rust control ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Aug 28, 2016.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Has anyone had any experience with "Krown Rust Control "? Was thinking of using it on my 04 F250 not to sure it will stop rust that is already there. Looking for the pro's and cons to see if it is worth the time or mney. Thahk you

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

ive seen a test or 2 from other members, & lps-3 seems to do a good job.

3. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Hey Sno what about fluid film? I remember a thread from last year and seem to remember good feedback about it. Have you had personal experience with it?

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes , I have tryed it,more than once.
    the Fact it never really hardens lends itself to attracting dirt causing everything to become grimy, it washes off with most soaps exspicaily ones that nutrulize salt.

For the price I expect more, yet it has this cult fallowing.
    I will say this for it, it is one of the best ways to get rid of that new truck smell short of hitting a skunk.

Just say'en.

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Good to know. Maybe I'll try some of that lps-3 you mentioned above.

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

will take a look at the Krown Rust Control when I stop by the shop this weekend and see what it is all about.

7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Broken record here, Bill Hirsch Miracle Paint Rust Inhibator is amazing. Done properly, it is rock hard and won't chip. Going after my frame now that I have my Flatbed off.

8. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

better than POR 15?

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Not including the frame, And not sure about these new products. I do know rust is like cancer. Even after new body parts rust will come back to haunt you given 3 years or so.