1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

runway plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Dec 10, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I managed to jump on the crew plowing the runway at the naval air station. We all (5 dumps) meet up there in the early AM, after all our contract work is done. No lights,traffic or morons! It's a great way to wind down after the stress of snow service, 5 trucks plowing in tandem, deere everywhere, very cool!!payup

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

why do they plow the runways at the weymouth naval air station? Do they still use them for anything except when GM comes in and does their test drive thing?

3. lawn king

runway.

They use the runway for a tractor/trailer training school, they also want to keep it open for emergency landings. It's a nice hit! payup

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Id imagine its good money, and as you said easy work. I did not know about the tractor trailer training school, but thats a good use for it as of now.

5. lawn king

air base.

There is so much open land out there, it's a shame it's all polluted. Show me a military base thats not!