1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

running wire into cab for roof light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ajordan193, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

How are you guys running the wire for your roof mounted lights into the cab on the 92-97 body style. Just bought a ecco strobe light and the wire is too big to close the rear slider. Thanks in advance.

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

One inch hole saw and a bit of silicone.......

I used to run it in the passenger door and I think I wrapped it around the seat belt harness to keep it up there when the door got opened..
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Look in the strobe lighting forum, there's a thread in there about bringing it in through the third brake light, so you don't have to put any holes in the roof.
  4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I have always just drilled a hole in the 3rd brake light and ran it in that way. Easy & cheap to repair when you dont need it any more.
  5. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Permanent Mount

I always perm. mount - my truck is for work - the light gets used all year.
    I don't let some salesman tell me that mag & suction installs are OK - they're illeagle in NYS (most other states also).
    I'm not concerned about trade-in value, the truck will be all but usless by the time I trade- in - i'm going to get EVERY LAST MONEY-MAKING DOLLAR out of it I can. It's going to pay for itself and the next truck (in-fact, the last truck paid for this one)