1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

running the exhaust pipe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Mar 1, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i got the rusted bolts out i asked about i heated them till they were like radiation level bright red and barely tapped them and they slid right out but i was trying to run the new pipe and think i might of run it wrong i ran it off the flange over the torsion bar cross member but then i ran it around they next cross member between it and the drive shaft (i know its not right but the straight pipe thing wasn't gonna work if i needed to plow last night) my question is if the exhaust is supposed to go between the cross member and the body and not between the cross member and the driveshaft. sorry i have no way to get pics so if someone could post a pic of theres or tell me where it is supposed to go if this post makes anysense its a 01 sierra 1/2ton with a 4.8 thanks

also if i have to redo it is there a tool to get the pipe rounded again where i put the clamps on