1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Running Strobs in Running Lights- Ford Superduty

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Doakster, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I was wondering if anyone know if it's possible or anyone sells a kit to install strobes in the factory cab running lights that come on most Ford Superduty trucks.

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

therre was a guy on lawnsite (packer101) that worked at a company called pro-turf landscaping who had strobes in the clearance lights of either thier F450 or F550 dump. I'd get on there and ask him! At

3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That's what I'm looking for, maybe I'll fish around that site.

4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I remember that guy on there. to me that seems like to much work though

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The clearance lights???

I saw it done once. After hours of plowing the strobes had melted the lenses.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea there definately isnt enough room in there for the amount of heat the strobes put off, i thought about that before momentarily but came to that conclusion.

7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Whelen now make a self contained LED called the VERTEX. Uses the same size hole as the strobe bulbs without the heat. I think they are about $75 each. You can try them, just not sure if the room is there.

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Interesting, I'll have to look into it.

9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

how sure are you that there about 75 a pop? if they are im in

10. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Whelen just introduced them so it might be a few more weeks before dealer get them in. They have the lighht head and a few inches back is a inline power supply. If I remember right when spealing to them they said about $75 for 1. Don't hold me to it. I will check the price again next week.

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

12. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I saw the strobes in Jerre's truck melt the lenses. Maybe he has LEDs or figured out another solution but 3 years ago I saw it happen.