1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

running strobe wire inside cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sully853, Jan 13, 2011.

1. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

Hey guys i am just wodering how you guys run the wires from your strobe inside the cab. is there a hole on the back of the cab some where? i currently just run it inside the back door window and cant stand the sound of the wind while driving and its a hassel opending and closing the door so i am looking for a more permeninet way of runing the wire.

2. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Do you have a magnetic or permanent mount?
    I have a permanent mount on the backrack and ran the wire under the lens for the third brake light, across the roof above the headliner, down the A-pillar and into the fuse box.

3. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

i have a magnetic but im thinking of picking up a backrack next year and making it perminent

4. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Here is what I did for my sander harness and other misc wires from cab. On the pass side under the front rug, there is a hole that has a metal plug glued to it. (remove the sill plate, and kick panel to be able to move rug away). From there I drilled a hole the size I needed and installed a grommet. Ran all the wires through got the job done, then filled the void with atv sealant to keep water out. Works nicely. Run the wires from the strobes accordingly up to the drilled hole, thats your discretion.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have a magnetic mount. i just run the wire through the sliding rear window and then close the window. it doesnt make any noise and no wind gets in for me

6. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

Instead of going through the window, why not open the door, move wire to a good location and close the door on it? The rubber door seals prevent cord damage. Makes it easier if you need to open the door for anything. Thats how mine is run.

Someone once told me there is a rubber boot covering a hole in the back of the cab, between the cab and the box, on the driverside. The hole could be accessed from inside the cab, behind something ( sorry, I dont remember all the particulars ). Guys were running their CB coax through this hole.

7. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

I removed the 3rd brake light and ran the wire under the foam then reinstalled the brake lamp. I also installed a 2 pin connector on the strobe and above the headliner so the light is easily installed/removed when needed by just removing the brake lamp assembly and unplugging/plugging the wire.