1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

running out of places to push

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yzal, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

i don't know if anyone is haveing this problem yet but a few driveways i do im running out of places to push the snow, usually the ones that im full on are like a 3 to 4 stall garage and a tinny yard. i don't really want to chase someone down to come a long with a loader and take it away and i dont think the customer wants to pay for it. what do i do!?!:confused:

2. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Get a blow torch and melt it.

Stack it higher I guess.

3. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Sell it to people here in Minnesota :D, I mean you know sence we dont even have a good few inches.:realmad:

4. Wesley's Lawn

Oops forgot to add do like SGF said stack it higher or see if you can sneak pushing some over into the neighbors yard.;)

5. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

i guess i could sell it to wsa when they come to town for there snow cross jumps!!:D

6. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Yzal has snow for sale.....

$15 a ton, must load and haul yourself.

I like push in the neighbors yard one.

7. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

!free sod chunks!

8. Wesley's Lawn

Haha hey just tell em its all part of the business.:D ;)

9. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

having the same problem........... nowhere to put no mo

10. Wesley's Lawn

Well Serves you right, thats what you get when you steal all of our snow.:nono:

11. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

its our snow and you cant have it see.....

12. dangerousdarren

dangerousdarren Member

push it into a neighbors driveway and then go knock on there door and ask them if they want you to plow thier driveway for a small fee, then they won't mind you pushing it in thier yard.

13. Sno

Sno Senior Member

SHOVEL IT!
    ;)

14. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Why don't you push out to the road. Where I live you can push it across the road, but I push it to the end of the drive then push it along the side of the road. That way the road plow will take care of it the next time they come by.

15. Aldergood

Aldergood Junior Member

I agree...I back drag most of our driveways out onto the road and then angle the plow to the side of the road and push the snow all the while raising the blade slowly ..no piles in customers yard or at driveway ends and the street plows take care of the removal...lol

16. GVLawnCare

GVLawnCare Junior Member

Pushing snow into the road

Just to let you guys know-- Pushing snow ACROSS the roadway is illegal in NY. Not only could you be ticketed for it, but for the guys that leave the trails, and are too lazy to clean them up, if that snow causes an accident you could be liable. My favorite is the ones who leave their piles of snow IN the road. Pushing them into the road and angling off to the side is OK as long as you are neat about it. I work for a Highway dept. and there is nothing that pisses us off more than some lazy contractor leaving their snow in the roadway. I also plow about 40 drives and understand that sometimes you are left no choice, but at least clean up your mess, so others dont have to:D Have a nice day, and happy plowing guys!

17. EIB

EIB Senior Member

It was supposed to can't not can push snow across the road.

First thing is I never leave snow in the road. Is always to the right of the white line.

The problem is that the law is never enforced. I drive around and see plies across the road everywere.

I really don't understand the law. Is it for safety, due to the truck being across the road?

18. wyldman

wyldman Member

I think the biggest thing is liability,like stated above.What if the pile melted,ran onto the road,froze and caused an accident ? The city or hwy dept shouldn't be liable because they didn't put it there,you did.

19. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

GVLawnCare--- i totally agree with "there is nothing that pisses us off more than some lazy contractor leaving their snow in the roadway"

There are so many guys around here that do that,,it's getting really unsafe. The guys from the town know who they are but they never enforce it. I just love cruisin down the road and slamming into a 2 foot pile of snow in the road.:realmad:

There is one co. that plows the house next door to mine and he always puts his snow in the road in front of my driveway,so when the town comes by, my drive gets buried. So the other nite i took all the snow from my group(6 drives), and nicely pushed it down the road and "into" the front of his drive. :D

20. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

i guess sno has the best idea yet:D but i might get "...sweat..."y