1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Running Lights Not Working...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TWrench, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Alright, made some progress with the Ultramount 7.5 on my 99 dodge ram 2500. The wiring harness is an isolation module system. Now I have full functions of the plow as well as both headlights working (spent a lot of time reading the online manual and finally switched the jumper to adjust ground). The only thing missing is the marker lights and blinkers on the plow lights. Put new bulbs in the plow lights, the blinkers on the truck work fine- just not getting anything from the blinkers. Any of you plow guru's out there have any ideas? Thanks!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure you connected the brown and 2 purple wires going to the Iso mod (port 3 and 4) to the correct color wires on the truck?

Check the black/orange wire on the plow side to make sure it's grounded to the neg side of the pump motor.. the markers and turns are grounded through that wire. The head lights have their own grounds.

You do have all the grill plugs connected while your testing right?
  3. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Thanks for the ideas, I will check those friday when I have some time. I had someone else install the plow as I was short on time... as I have been finding out though, he's a bit of a hack, and I have had to go back through and redo a lot of his work. Is that black and orange wire on the plow side wrapped in the main harness or should it be relatively easy to find? As well, on a Dodge pickup, what color are the correct wires to tap on the turns/parking lights? The instructions online Western's website don't specify which wires on the turn signals. I will be sure to check the things you mentioned and will reply with any progress.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The blk/org wire should be clearly visible as it should be attached to the ground point that the battery cable ground is on..

The color's for the turns and parking lights should be:

Park Lights: Black/yellow wire

R turn: Lt green/ tan
    L turn: Lt green/tan or tan/black