1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Running lights come on when brakes applied

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by AmPlower, Feb 20, 2003.

1. AmPlower

AmPlower Junior Member

On my 91' 3/4 ton about 1/2 of the time when the brake pedal is pressed, the running lights come on as well. No idea where to start on this problem, any one have any clues?

Also where is the ground located for the front drivers side turn signal assembly? thanks!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2003
  2. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

check your brake light bulbs see if you have a single filament where you should have a dual I have seen this several times it back feeds the system when you step on the brake
  3. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf Junior Member

ou might try yur trailor wiring harness also. I have seen them corrode and short.
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Like stated above,check the bulbs first for a shorted or cross filament,and check for snow\water in the trailer connector if equipped.

Pull the tailights and pop out the little circuit board\bulb holder on each one.You will probably find lots of rust and corrosion,and possibly a broken circuit,which will most likely be the cause of your problem.It is very common,and they have updated circuit boards available from the dealer.

The ground on most front turn signals is looped together with the markers,to make them alternate while flashing.