1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Running lights and signals on plow no headlights

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jb5299, Mar 5, 2014.

1. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

I have PH1 800HD with 3 relays for light pack. The Headlights all of sudden just switched off on light bar. Turn signals and running lights still work. And the headlights are on on truck now. Don't matter where I flip switch nothing. I flipped the relays around in pack. Still nothing. Any ideas?

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Both High and Low beams went out??

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

With a test lead manually ground the green/yellow wire.

4. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

Yes both high and low

5. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

The green and yellow at plow headlight switch?

6. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

Grounding the green and yellow wire does make them come back on plow. Is it a bad switch?

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I wouldn't think the switch would necessarily go bad, as it is not subject to much current, but it is possible. I would look at a loss of ground to the controller, broken wire, pin connection/wire terminal loose/off etc. Trace the whole circuit of that wire for interruptions in continuity.

8. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

It works with my push button controller. But not with my joystick one. Pulled joystick apart and all wires pin out so im stumped again. I have always used joystick and light worked fine till now

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The ground goes through the truck side harness. Mine opened up a couple years back and I just spliced in a new ground to the battery.

10. jb5299

jb5299 Junior Member
    from Va

Was thinking same thing until my push button controller made the lights switch correctly just not my joystick controller.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Pull the 2 wires on the switch and bypass switch to rule out bad switch.

12. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

just like he says your solenoids just need to be grounded to switch power, that green/yellow wire comes from the solenoids to the controller and straight to ground through the switch, you can ground out the wire to ground right at the solenoid , with your headlights turned on they should light

13. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Some of the controllers used a dash mounted switch for the headlights aswell, check on you controller to be sure the yel/grn entering your switch does connect from the other side of switch back into the black wire of the molex plug heading to the plow