1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Running a 3 plug plow on a two plug truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 90plow, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I've been toying with the idea of a new xv2. My other plows are 3 plugs and I know the new wiring is two plug. Can I run my old straight blades on a truck setup for a new xv2 ? Just thinking about the ability to have plows swapped between rigs. Thanks
  2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

You would need the battery harness, control harness, controller, and a adapter.
  3. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

my trucks are both 3 plugs… it seems like you can keep the headlight wiring, but the power harness and control harness are now one, and you need to change all that out. If you want the chance of switching back to your older plows, you'd have to leave the old wiring hooked up, along with the new power/control harness of the xv2. I think all fisher plows are going to this setup now
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You can leave both harnesses in and use the one you need. Fisher has wiring schematics for this.
  5. So to answer your question....no.
    The new Fleet Flex wiring is not compatible with older plows.