1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 20, 2008.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Okay guys, so I was running my pull plow this morning and noticed it was running pretty dang slow. Like it took the thing about 2 minutes to go down and about the same amount of time to go back up. The fluid level is full also. Is there a different motor I can put on the thing to make it as fast as my boss vee?
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

What fluid in hydraulic?

To me that fluid become thick in cold outside. can you try park in garage or shop with heater then see if it still slow or it work fast then it fluid.

I never did think of that. At the moment the truck sits outside, and I have no room for it in our shop otherwise I would. I will try this out on monday when the snow stops.

So I put the truck inside out heated shop today, and let it thaw out and what not, and this is what I found out. 1 the pump runs fine, when putting the plow down. when you put it up its like the motor stalls out. Like its working so hard for and its not doing anything. 2 when you let off the switch the motor continues to run and send fluid to the cylinder. I replaced the solenoid with a boss and it still does the same thing. I also replaced the switch thinking it might help, and it didn't. One more thing. Is there anyway I can put a faster motor on the unit itself to make it say as fast as a front plow? I just hate that it runs so sloooooooooooooooooooow!
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you could change the power unit to one with more flow.
  6. tojay22

tojay22 Member

you can change out the hoses to bigger ones. that should give it a little more speed.
  7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

you can set your presser higher that will make it faster most are 2000 but can go up 2 3000
  8. GSJ

GSJ Junior Member
    from W. MI

I would replace the couplers and check and clean any relief valves. If the pump is working but straining hard you probably have an obstruction in the oil flow somewhere.
  9. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

i have one that the motor is going bad in and starts to pull high amps after it gets warm. let it cool for about 15 min. runs fine for anothor couple hours when its cool it runs good not slow at all

Okay so heres my new dilemma. I had the pump rebuilt, but now when I hit the switch to run it it runs fine, as soon as I let off it stays running. I have 4 post solenoid. I think I need a 3 post because I have to run a jumper wire from one of the smaller posts, to one of the larger ones. The only way I can make it stop running is to get out of my truck and tap the solenoid.
  11. wildbro 1

wildbro 1 Junior Member

if its slow its the pump inside the resevoir i replaced mine and it runs like a brand new it pulls way less volts and is alot quieter

Problem solved. Pump runs like new. All better:D
  13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

wat solved it?>