1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rumours, Jeep comin out with Diesel???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by quincy33, Feb 13, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Anybody here the rumours about Jeep coming out with a Diesel truck, and if so, is it a TJ, Liberty, something new??????
  2. snowfarmer

snowfarmer Junior Member

Diesel in Jeep

From what I've read in the magazines it is coming in the Jeep Liberty. They've been in Europe for a while.
  3. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Follow up question, can you plow with Jeep Liberty?????
  4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

people plow with mini vans but i dont think its wise.

Liberty is a unibody SUV and I would definatly not put a plow on it. JMO
  5. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

thank, i''l stick to my chevy 6.5 diesel, and alos a tj, even though gas prices are going through the roof.
  6. wolfears

wolfears Junior Member

7. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

There is supose to be a Jeep Liberty with a 2.5 L diesel. If you do a Google search, you can see some reviews / specs. It may have been pushed back to 2005? The Grand Cherokee may get it also. Western offers a plow called the Suburbanite which fits the Liberty. Just go to their website for info.
  8. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Yes, the liberty will be offered with the diesel engine shortly. In europe both the liberty and grand cherokee are offered with I-5 CRD engines. :cool:

POWERBAND Member

Deezil Jeeps

Since Daimler owns Jeep and Chrysler I would not be surprised. While in Europe I saw many Voyager(Caravan) minivans with a neat setup: Standard shift diesels!.
    Lets see some drivetrains like that in US market vehicles. Why we can't get them is dictated by how they maximize profit, not economy or durability interests. A diesel Dakota or 1/2 ton P/U would be great for people who use them for work . PB

10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have seen cj 7 with diesel they were airplane tow vehicles , they come up on auction alot on governmentliquidation.com