1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rugby Mason Dump Body

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by linckeil, Mar 22, 2010.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

This is a 6 year old 9 foot Rugby dump body. It is in excellent condition. Very light surface rust. Absolutely no rot. No cracks. No Dents. The floor is excellent. It was repainted black and some of that black paint is flaking off to reveal the original white – which is in excellent shape. Complete with running lights, tail lights, and strobes. Tailgate works perfectly. The locking mechanism is like new. Opens from top and bottom. Has the above cab protective shield. A very nice steel chipper box was installed which is easily removable. This would be a great body for a tree service. There are no disappointments with this bed. Perfect for a 1 ton or larger truck. A fresh coat of paint and it will be a brand new body.

Note this is the body only – the scissor lift and hydraulics are not for sale. This body alone is over $2500 new.

Located in Newtown CT. I can get more pictures and measurements if you’d like. Or come out and see it in person.

Looking for $1000. I think its a fair price, but if not, let me know your thoughts - my feelings won't be hurt!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Exactly what I need, just dont know if my hydrolics would fit it and how in the hell I'd get home from Conneticut. We might be back in touch though.

3. linckeil

from CT

just about all bodies have a standard measurement between the outside edges of the frame rails of 34inches. a hoist and hydraulics from any other setup should work just fine. many hoists have an adjustment to accept different width frame rails, but like i said, just about all of them is 34".

4. linckeil

from CT

I took a deposit on the bed today. But I've taken deposits in the past and have had things fall through.

so if anyone else is interested I can put you next in line in the event things don't pan out...

5. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Did the deal go through?

6. linckeil

from CT

i removed the body over the weekend. the guy who gave me the deposit is coming at some point late this week to pick it up. i'd consider the body sold, but until its out of my yard its not a done deal. if things should fall through, i'll update the thread.