1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber vs Steel Cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Willy-D8, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

I recently repainted my Fisher plow and noticed the cutting edge is really "smiled" on the edges. I'm looking to replace the cutting edge with either steel or rubber.

There's a guy on Ebay that sell these "rock rubber" cutting edges wondering if anyone has order from him? He also sells snow deflectors, I'm going to buy one to keep the snow off my windshield. I'm thinking about buying one of his rubber cutting edges and the deflector. The rubber edge is on $75 and the deflector is $25 IIRC

I plow 5 gravel drives, 2 asphalt, and a asphalt 200x200 parking lot.I have also bid on a few mobile home parks this year I'm still waiting on.

Think this would be a good use for the rubber cutting edge? I Also like the idea of a quieter plow thats a little easier on the truck but if steel is the way to go I'll stay with that.

Let me know what experience others have had with rubber. I have heard good and bad things about it.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Before you replace the edge adjust the blade mounting. If you are wearing in a smiley face you have the mount to high, get it back down to the proper height and you'll plow more snow, cleaner and with less blade wear.

3. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

Long story short the Fisher blade I'm refurbishing I recently bought used and never operated myself.

I'm really looking for opinions on Rubber cutting edges from people that have used them in different applications and not advise on how to operate my equipment but thanks for looking out

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Excuse me for interfering

5. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

No interference

I'm just looking for more information on rubber cutting edges on Fisher plows than I could find with a search.