1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber tired skid loader vs rubber track skid loader

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snow Captain, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Snow Captain

Snow Captain Junior Member
    from MN

Just recently bought a Bobcat T250 rubber track skid loader for our construction side. How are these for pushing snow vs a regular skid loader with tires on it?
  2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Snow tracks...
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'd run it.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It'll slip on ice, and turning might be slower. If your on an incline, and it's slick....forget it. But it'll work
  5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

wheels for snow , anytime .
  6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

The key to using either (tire or tracks) is getting a good scrape to the asphalt for traction.
  7. scottr

scottr Senior Member

I've run several different brands during the winter, no slam but the typical track that Bobcat uses are very poor, the big blocky pad makes them hopeless, some of the Cat tracks are similar. I believe ASV was bought out by Terex then they were bought by Cat, all three use the ASV track system ( or did) the LGP or wide tracks that Terex and ASV use are awesome in the snow, I've rolled around in 3' of snow and could go anywhere, the belly was dragging but not much, very light on there feet with these tracks. Night and day difference from the Bobcat blocky pad style track.
  8. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I've got an ASV - tracks work great on everything except ice and mud. Neighbor has a Bobcat T190; very nice mschine, but has the wide lugs that have terrible traction on the snow.
  9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We had an ASV RC50 for a little over a year. I honestly feel that it got just as good, if not better, traction on snow than our wheeled machines do.
  10. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member