1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber tire pusher??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DCS MN, Aug 1, 2009.

1. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

I was at the Anoka County Fair and one of the venders, Dust Busters Sweeping, has come up with a use for very large old tires.

The cut them in half, cut the sidewall off the bottom side and mounted a bobcat plate to the back and sell them for $1600.00

They said they have sold a bunch to their subs with no complaints.
    Just woundering if anybody has seen these in action.
    I didn't have my camera with so no pictures.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

They use those for cleaning cowyards around here.
  3. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

He siad in winter the rubber stiffins up and it scrapes very well. He also said it starts at 8' wide and when full it stretches to 10' wide.
    It seems like a good idea, almost dummy proof, there is nothing to wreck and if you hit something there is some give.
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

My buddy made one for his skid(for snow) & he also made one for his brother whose pushes cow poo....they work good. I think he used Challenger tracks....his brothers is about 10 ft wide......but, his has hydraulics, so it can go from about 7 - 9ft.
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I sure would like to see pics of this !!!
  6. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I saw that pusher first hand too... Seems like a lot of money for an old used tire bolted to a $200 plate, but maybe not. It would be nice to try then buy.:nod:
  7. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

He said the have a money back guaruntee, and they will come pick it up. He said they have never had one come back.
  8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I hope you get one, I would like to see it in action!
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Id like to see a pic of this too.
  10. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you can buy a brand new 10' bobcat pusher for 1,100.00 from pro-tech (or close to it)
  11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Where can you buy them at that price? I'll buy one today...check that, I'll buy 10 today.
  12. redman6565

my apologies, i just double checked my invoice and i picked it up for $1,500.00 but that still isn't bad at all and would be much more durable that just a "big tire" cut in half, i would think
  13. redman6565

it does help that i can buy straight through Pro-Tech though and not a distributor, seeing they are manufactured here in Rochester, NY.
  14. B.A.T.Man

B.A.T.Man Inactive

When the steel box scraper is rusting in the junk yard or your back lot (and your still paying for the broken curbs and cutting edges), the tire will still be pushing snow! And when your pushing up daisies the tire will still be pushing snow......
  15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  16. B.A.T.Man

B.A.T.Man Inactive

17. plowguy44

plowguy44 Junior Member

I would never embarass the company I'm plowing for or myself by having a half tire in the middle of the parking lot connected to my equipment with my company name on it... IMO... I would rather spend the $100 every other year and repaint my boxes.
  18. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

Will there be black streaks on the pavement?
  19. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

They use those around the shipyard where I work, seem to work quite well. No adverse effects that I see other than no angle, etc. But they move so quick in the SS it doesn't seem to matter, they can push a lot of snow a long way.
  20. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

LMAO! i use this set up at the farm pushing cow **** down the straight.