1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber snowdeflector

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pkenn, Oct 29, 2009.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

anybody know where to get these in ma? or online?.....how do you guys fasten them?
  2. phammer1

phammer1 Junior Member

I just put some on my 8.5' Boss V - I used some old horse trailer floor mat material - cut with an OLD circular saw blade (leave the garage door open, and for god's sake, make sure there ain't no smoke detector in the room!). Drilled through the plow, used 1/2" bolts and fender washers. Cost: Bolts - $10, rubber material - had on hand, but can be bought at any Tractor Supply etc. Time: 45 mins

Purchase price online: ~ $200 plus shipping.

You be the judge!:drinkup:
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I use old conveyor belt material, and make my own. I even have spares cut, and drilled waiting at the shop just in case one gets mutilated.
  4. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

do you just drill it and bolt it on, or do you need to put a metal strip accross the top and bolt through that?
  5. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

search ebay. theres a guy on there selling old conveyor belts precut to your length!!! 26 bux
  6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

We've always used a length of flat stock over the rubber to help clamp it down

You may be able to find the conveyor belting at a local sand & gravel pit also.
  7. nekos

nekos Senior Member

8. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

On one of my plows I have 1/8 inch flat stock as a hold down. On another I just used some fender washers, so I could see how they would hold up, and the fender washers are still going strong after 2 seasons. So I would say as long as you have something to back the bolt through the rubber it should work.
  9. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Just bolt with BIG washers, lasts for years
  10. phammer1

phammer1 Junior Member

Yep, that's what I did - 1/2" bolts, huge fender washers on top, lockers on the bottom with the nut. Give it a couple of years of rust, and I'll need a cutting torch to pull em off! wesport
  11. Premier

Premier Senior Member

We went up to the farm store, picked up some bailer belting and some flat stock works pretty good. on the new BOSS i got the one that boss sells just for convenance, when it wares out it will be replaced with the belting.
  12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Conveyor belt and flat steel on top. Works great and is cheap to do.
  13. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

actually a 4.5 inch grinder is a little more precise and doesn't stink as bad as overheated rubber:dizzy:
  14. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i used conveyor belts and used steel stock for the length to secure, with just washers if on the highway alot, may rip thru