1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber snow deflectors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgoalie23, Sep 16, 2006.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

How well do rubber snow deflectors actually work, if at all? Also, does any one use a poly snow deflector, particularly a "boss poly deflector". It seems to me like they would break if your stacking snow and hit some ice or something else hard.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

The rubber deflector on my fisher x blade makes a huge difference. It keeps all the ice and snow off the windshield. It is tough as nails and has steel threads in it, like a car tire would. I wouldn't plow without it.wesport

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have plowed with both deflector and without, does it keep the snow off completely (long runs and fast push) no but they do help.

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

my Snoway has a poly deflector.....I have not used it yet but it seems pretty tough....

Derek

5. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

Need 1

Looking for a Deflector to fit my 8ft fisher hd, Some guys in the past have mention a rubber conveyour belt, where can i buy 1 ???

:dizzy: all set on paying $225.00 for 1 that says Fisher :dizzy:

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

try your local TSC, i believe its called bailer belt or something like that. they sell it by the foot.

7. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have a poly on my western. Never had a problem with pushing into piles.

8. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

I took my skill saw and cut the tread off of a 265/75/r16 good year wrangler with a quarter tread left on it. Then drilled a length of 12 gauge 2.5" wide and 8' long, .250 holes every 6".
    Bolted them onto the plow, and this will be it's 5th year with no real damages.
    Plus it was virtually free, and looks neat with the tread on the top.

I'm defiant, I spend money only when absolutely necessary and all my improvisations have failed. :)

Good luck!
    Mike

9. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

Oops, I was thinking about the deflector on top off the plow. My bad!