1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber snow deflectors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by biltritecon, Dec 1, 2004.

1. biltritecon

biltritecon Junior Member

juat wondering if anyone has a trick to keep there rubber deflectors from flying straight upand blocking the lights when traveling with the plow up and at highway speeds.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Mine doesn't hardly move. How thick is yours? :confused:
  3. biltritecon

biltritecon Junior Member

It's about 1/2'' thick or better.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Maybe it's because of how you have it mounted to your plow? I've NEVER seen that happen.
  5. Huften Lawn

Huften Lawn Junior Member
    from CT

I placed (2) 3'x1" sections of stock towards the bottom of the deflector. I then used some thick vinyl coated chain and attached it to the corner of the plow and the corner of the delector through the stock. Be sure to leave enough slack so that the snow does not lifft the plow.
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

pm me your address and I will send you some strips that will solve your problem for good :drinkup:

7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Nate - I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail or PM's so I can get a deflector from you...
  8. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Nate: how does that picture work on a Fisher where the only flat strip on the moldboard is parallel to the ground??? :confused:

Also could you please post the address for your website. The one listed in your profile doesn't work.
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the use of angle iron is necessary on the fishers and the ST series of Meyer plows, I will upload a diagram in a min ( I have to find it)

BL I am answering you pmright now

and my website is www.ncls-enterprises.com
  10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I have the one that is a formed plastic (Western). It doesn't move at all, and absolutely no snow ever sticks to it.
  11. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

I used to put 3 bungie straps on my old Hiniker to keep the deflector down. Hooked it on the top lip of the moldboard, then over the deflector then to the cutting edge, just don't forget to take it off before plowing.
  12. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Nate your web site is down. Im needing a deflector too :waving: