1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber snow deflectors

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Scott Sabin, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Scott Sabin

Scott Sabin Junior Member

I do not have one on this plow and have not plowed with it yet last plow truck had one are they worth it they seem alittle pricey for what they are. Just looking for some opinions I should add that it is a straight blade.
  2. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

I plowed once without the snow flap and would never do it again. I had a lot more snow blow up and over the blade and onto the windshield making it hard to see.

I bought a piece of rubber belting ~3/8-1/2" thick and about 6" wide. Then drilled holes in the rubber and through the top of my plow. Cost me about $40.

Just checked ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-FT...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If you don't have to have one that says Boss on it,we have one with our logo for 100.00
  4. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

Jim, are those rubber flaps or the hard plastic ones?
  5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

rubber and after my first boss with one on it no other plows in my future will be without one
  6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

They are rubber, same material as the boss, with our logo etched,not stuck on to it. We actually use the boss bolt kit for mounting.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Tractor Supply has belting for $7 a foot.
    I am putting it on my new BOSS V. (about $80 in parts versus $275 for the BOSS deflector