1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber snow deflector for fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Evil PSD, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

looking to get a rubber snow deflector from plowrubber.com, now is anyone running the angle iron thats in the kit or making any piece of metal to hold a angle on the rubber so it doesnt flap up, i dont like the limit chains so thats out of the question, any thoughts or pics would be great thanks guys! its for a 8ft hd btw

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

here is mine with chains cause i ran such a long stick out of rubber. http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=1324899&postcount=6

and if shorter and wana keep it down a bit and no chains .. then take a section of metal for the top edge like mine and have them bend it like this ( """""\ ) so the top is flat and then around 30-45* bend at the edge to point the rubber down .

3. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

will the plowrubber guys bend the metal or go to a metal shop to do it

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

delete post.

5. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

delete what?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

What I had posted, but then deleted. :nod:

7. sweetk30

what are ya [​IMG] to post :laughing:

8. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

haha, what size steel you guys using for the top piece to hold down the rubber?

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Call around to quarrys to see if they have any old conveyor belt.They will charge you a few $ a foot and just use a piece of standard angle iron.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

ah, no, when have you ever known me to be....conservative.?.? :D

I had asked if it was for a straight blade, then I had re read the post after the fact, and saw that he had already stated that it was.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I got a 4inch wide 8 foot long 1/8th piece of steel to hold mine down- it is sized to stick out over the front of the blade by about 1 inch to help with that, but never got the flap installed.

12. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

where are you guys getting your steel from iv been to home depot all they have is 1/8" thick by 2" wide id like to get 3" wide

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Steel yard, welder shop, welding supply store, machine shop, masonary yard, commercial building contractors, cutom fabricators.....

It's funny how dependent we've become on Lowes & Home Depot. I use Grainger quite often, but nothing beats the one stop shop that is open at convenient times.

14. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

What Repo said. I got a piece of pipe at a local fab shop for half of what it would have cost at Lowes. Check around.

15. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

haha very true, ill ask around got a few welding guys around here in marlborough so ill ask them, also found tractor supply to have some flat stock as well so well see thanks guys Thumbs Up

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

Post up some pics when your done, others that see this thread down the road might find it useful.

17. sweetk30

ya if you wana pay 4x the price of steel shop. :eek:

18. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

oh really haha didnt think they were that much there but then again i havent got prices from any where else so i dont have anyone to compare to, but once i get it finish ill def take pics and post them for other ppl

19. sweetk30

find local steel fab shop famialy owned not corperate and ask them for a peice and bend it up to around 30* or so angle and you prob get out of there for under 50 bucks or so.

in my link to the other thread links ( since we cant repost pics here ) i got the 8ft 3" long section for top plate only from a friend for a favor owed to me.

reason i went over is 1.5" each side for markers to move out on edges and not trim fit to clear markers.