1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber snow deflecters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

I'm looking around for the rubber fllaps for the top of the plows. Fisher wants a million dollars for it. so i'm looking for the cheap way to go. where can i get one of these for a 9 foot fisher? thank you.

2. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

rubber flap

look for a commercial conveyor company in your area and ask for any broken belts you will be doing them a favor by taking one or two off there hands if they have any . you are looking for the type that handle demolition debris or crush concrete if you can find one they are perfect for what you are trying to use it for. good luck happy hunting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Try Northerntool.com
    they have them under item 10385 for $62.00 AND they have those plow wings everyone raves about for $190 (instead of the going rate of $220)

I have conveyer belting myself only because I happened to fall on an old one.

4. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

THe one from northern tool looks good. do you think its quality for 62 bucks though? i mean its cool cause it comes with everything the plates and the bolts. i just hope its not just really thin rubber. does anyone have it?

5. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

6. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

7. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

they said "coming soon" at the centeral place. does anyone know what the thickness and width of the northern tool deflector is? i'm hoping like 12" wide and like 3/8"-1/2" thick.

8. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

if you call them im sure they can give you the demention the number is 1800 761 1700 thats central parts number

9. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

deflector

thinking about it more the best thing you could put on that plow is the snowfoil made by fisher it is great at stacking and nothing ever comes over the top and really gets the snow rolling on long passes. just my two cents...

10. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

foyboy, I had thought about it but i'm really just trying to keep stuff off my windsheild while i'm driving down the road. i dn't do much snow staking so i think 'd be find with the rubber flap.

i'm gunna call teh central parts place today. thanks for the info.

Still does anyone know the demensions of the northern tool one, or experiance with quailty? thanks.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

When you get the pricing from central parts could you post it up here, I am considering buying one for my plow.

12. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

well i just called. looks like they want $239 for 9 feet includings the kit! thats crazy. so i guess its the rubber website or northern tool. what do you think?

13. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

www.anchorrubber.com is $51.75 and the shipping to me is $7.92. it doesn't come with bolts or brackets but i could haev them for cheap.

www.northerntool.com is $61.99 120 in. Shipping is $16.02 to my door. Comes with bolts and brackets. But we don't no the thickness of the material, and width of the material.

14. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i'm gunna pick up the peice of metal for the top of the flap, what thickness should i use? and also what width?

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I got a piece of 8 foot x 4 inch, 1/8th inch plate from a local machine shop that I happened to know, I figured if I needed there was enough room I could add a bend to one edge to hold the rubber down at an angle if it tended to ride up with the snow load.

You could return it to northern if you aren;t happy- would cost you shipping tho.

you could also check for a tech supprt number and ask the techs to check out the thickness for it. I used to order through their commercial supply end when my father had his own business- saved me some money and was easier to get things delivered (like my 55gal hitch sander that came broken truck freight)That end has a tech number so I expect the retail end will too.

BTW It cost me $20 for the steel at his cost I haven;t bought the SS bolts yet...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  16. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

hitch sander

55 gal hitch sander wow i would like to see that does it work well any pics available

17. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I go to my local gravel quariies and ask for scrap peices of rubber belting. They will usually give them away for free. Then i go to Farm and Fleet or Menards and buy 2 peices of 1/4"x1"x4' flatstock. I think this last deflector cost me $6.

18. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I just bought a light from here. They seem to have reasonable prices on most things.

Plus it shipped the same day, and free shipping for my order.

www.angelos-supplies.com

19. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

www.anchorrubber.com this place is great! i called them weds morning and asked them how much. so they gave me the quote with shipping and everything. The guy told me that if i called back early enough he could ship it out on weds. so i called back about an hour later and ordered the stuff. well the cool thing is i came yesterday night. 7.92 worth of shipping it came over night. now thats service! just figured i'd let everyone know they are fast.

20. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member