1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber Side Extenders......

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sso 289, Dec 10, 2009.

1. sso 289

sso 289 Junior Member

While plowing at an angle, right or left turned all the way, my 7'6" plow is leaving snow behind on both sides. I'm only taking on about half of the plows width and my runs aren't very long......and we're talking 2-3" of snow.

I have seen other guys using plows that have what appear to be a rubber extender wing thing on both sides of their plows. The ones I have seen curve towards the inside. One guy I watched seemed to be leaving nothing behind as he was taking the snow head on.

I would like to purchase them to mount on my plow, can anyone tell me where to go to buy them? My local dealer didn't seem to know what I was talking about :confused:
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

3. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

The Pro-Wings work very well. I have them on my Western 7'6" Pro Plow and they had no spill over. The only time there was any spill over past the wings is when I was plowing with the blade straight and scooping as much as I can on my first pass.

Here's a pic of them on the blade:

4. sso 289

sso 289 Junior Member

Thanks for the link and the photo, those are what I was talking about. I was able to educate myself via google, I got a set on the way. I'm fairly excited to see how much of a difference it makes......I'll be thrilled if it cuts my time by a quarter, a half would be spectacular!
  5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

I just got 2 sections of conveyer belt bolted to rib of plow, we get avg 12" and up of snow here to move around at shop, works ok.. when snow fills the belt sort of forms a pocket to hold the a full blade