1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber or steel edge for pusher??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LHL Inc., Aug 27, 2012.

1. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Hello friends, its about that time of year again and i am looking to buy a BX 12 pusher for my operation and it is my first year with a pusher.....not sure whether or not to get a rubber edge or steel trip edge.... i dont pretreat my lots and i do some gas stations that i am worried about getting packed down a little and the rubber edge not pealing it up....any advice and explanation of why would be greatly appreciated!!!!! thx!!!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

are you plowing seasonal or per push? if you plowing per push stick with the rubber edge (you make more $ salting) , if your seasonal go with the sectional or optimus. For scraping ability you cant beat a arctic. Avalanche has come out with the Optimus pusher and that one looks really cool also.... I have the arctics but if you decide to purchase a optimus let me know how it works.....