1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber on Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TRINITY, Dec 8, 2001.

TRINITY Junior Member

I just got done putting a set of Pro Wings on today. I installed the rubber with the plow down on a level concrete surface. When I tested the plow though the rubber wants to fold under like they are installed too low on the wings. Is this how they are supposed to be?

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

yes thats ok
  3. intimidator

intimidator Member

I had the same thing happen, and it seems the rubber actually lifts the blade up slightly, because it clears alot cleaner with the wings off. Should I try to trim the rubber off a bit on the outside edge or is there a better fix?

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

my experience is that the rubber would wear down quickly to match the edge if it was too low
  5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yes they will wear fast, so they will wear to the correct level soon, unless you have them mounted way too low. Since you positioned them while using a nice level surface I'm guessing you're close enough to let them wear in.

What you are describing sounds like they are mounted wrong (too low). It should really be like one long edge, not lifting the blade up. Take the rubber off, find a nice level surface, reposition them to be even with the edge. Then redrill the new holes & re mount. That's one good thing about them, they're easy to work with.