1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber edge

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by xc23, Aug 22, 2010.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

I have a 12' rubber edge avalanche pusher. last season i noticed the edge would fold back when pushing .This is my first pusher so i am not sure if they are supposed to fold back. I tighted the bolt that hold the rubber edge on extremely tight w/ about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch of the rubber edge sticking below ' by the end of the season the rubber edge was sticking out about 2/3" The last push of the season we had about 3' of wet snow and the pusher would not scrape it left 1 1/2" of packed snow on the ground. I may need a new edge and if so how do i contact you to order . I don't know of any dealers in the area. Any help would be appreciated. PS i am pushing w/ a 95 555 4X4 newholand backhoe.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Hey,
    Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your rubber edge. To answer your question, no, the blade shouldn't fold back. When it's set up here at the factory we aim to have only about 1/4" of rubber protrude below the level of the wear shoes. (One way you can do this is by setting the shoes on some 1/4" spacers and adjusting the blade to touch the ground.)
    Tighten the hold down bar enough that it pinches the rubber causing it to bulge slightly either side of the bar. This should always be done when the rubber is around room temperature so if you're doing it in winter you would want to do it inside ideally.
    If you set it up that way it should work for you well. Please call us free on 800-232-6950 if you need help finding a dealer or have other questions.
    Thanks.

3. xc23

xc23 Member

thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I'll be in contact with your office soon to order a new edge .Thanks