1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber edge on a fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tgaskill, Aug 19, 2008.

1. tgaskill

tgaskill Junior Member

I just bought a new to me truck and it has a fisher plow with a rubber edge on it? Can some of you give me your thoughts on using the plow with the rubber edge? I've never plowed with a rubber edge and just wondering if I should take it off and go back to the steel edge?

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

you can come squeegee all this rain we've been getting :D i would take that thing off immediately. its going to wear a lot faster, and if your snow is anything like ours (heavy, wet & icey) it wouldnt scrap the ground clean enough. for lighter snow im sure it would be just fine. the only blade ive used with a rubber edge is on a pusher box and the thing was pretty much shot after 1.5 seasons. it also did a crappy job of clearing hard-pack, or anything with a sleety consistancy to it.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The guys must have been doing alot of pattern concrete or interlock to have a rubber edge. Most guys would use poly now anyway. Take it off.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We got one on our one plow, and its sweet we light it, cause it dose not tear up the grass. try it before you take it off