1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber Edge Height

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jan 2, 2015.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just purchased a 10 Protech with a rubber edge. How much lower should the rubber be below the skid shoes. Mine is even, so with the attack angle of the rubber the back edge is only hitting the ground, so the rubber will wear right away and need to be lowered so all the rubber is on the ground. It looks like in some videos its a 1/2" - 1" lower.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

About 1/4__1/2 below

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Minimum of a half inch.

My loader operators prefer an inch, otherwise I hear complaints.

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

5. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

We recommend setting the back edge of your rubber between 1/8" and 1/4" below the bottom of the wear shoe. We have seen customers run the edge at a variety of depths. Our recommendation is based on the geometry of the Sno Pusher, angle of attack, and what we've identified is the best setting for the edge to clear snow. Here is a video that explains the setting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZljX_JdiQI

Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks for using Pro-Tech!