1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber edge adjustment

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by xc23, Oct 27, 2008.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

I just flipped my cutting edge on my 12' Avalanche and was wondering how far down to set the cutting edge . I will be pushing mostly on a rough gravel surface and want to scrape the best it can. Thanks.

2. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Hi I work for Pro-Tech and our rubber is supposed to be adjusted 1/2" - 3/4" below the wear shoes.

The easiest way to adjust the rubber is to set pusher on flat surface and shim the shoes, then loosen the bolts to the rubber and with a mallet pound it flush to the ground and tighten the bolts back to 120 ft. lbs.

I know the Avalanche and other brands have a different curvature to their moldboards which change the angle of attack along with some other factors, but I would say that 1/2" - 3/4" is probably a good range.

3. xc23

xc23 Member

Thanks i'll try 1/2 3/4 to see how it works and make adjustments from there

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice to see someone from Protech around to help.:drinkup:

5. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Cheers! We don't want to be on here all the time pimping our products...I think that comes across as cheesey...However, we will offer objective help and opinons.

6. xc23

xc23 Member

I just finshed setting up my rubber edge 1/2 ince below the skids . tried it on the black top looks like its going to work great thanks.