1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber Deflector

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Jan 2, 2010.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Anyone know of a good (cheap) source for rubber deflectors?
    I've got a regular ole' yellow blade, so I have to drill holes, right?

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

yes you do check your local sand and gravel yard for a belt or ebay what about a foil

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

4. grec-o-face

So that's what the "search" button does.... hmmmmmmm.

I know I should've searched a bit before posting - I guess I just got laaaazy....

On the other hand, I just used my "buy" button for this; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-FT-SNOW-DEFLECTOR-SNOW-PLOW-SNOWPLOW-RUBBER-PLOW_W0QQitemZ120390021589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c07cdf1d5

5. sweetk30

you will be happy with that.

did you see how i mounted mine ontop with the pics i posted ?

6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

you can mount it nice and neat with a piece of flat alum plate the width of the top of the plow that was how mine was set up before switching to the foil

7. grec-o-face

I did see your pics.
    I just left my local Fisher Dealer, I wanted to see what the top plates looked like, & how much they were. They look like 1/4" plate with an angle pressed. They want like 9 freaking bucks each (need 8 of 'em).
    I know I have some strip-steel laying around. I just don't have a press-break. I noticed your plates are just flat. You think I'll be alright with flat stock & no chains?

8. sweetk30

cant tell you for sure. but that heavy belting can take a lot.

i only run chains cause i am running around 12-13" stick out past the blade. others are 6-7" stick out. thats what was givin to me for free and i run it. it was flapping bad at 35-up mph so i needed to limit it. the chains did it.

9. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

get an 8 ft long plate and be done with it it is nice and neat looking

10. sweetk30

i went about 8ft 4" and had 2" on each end to mount my marker poles . super clean and nice. painted it black rustoleum and still rust free.

11. grec-o-face

This is what I'm doing. I'm running two 48" x 1.5" strips of 3/16 steel.
    The rubber is an 8" piece, and I'm getting just about 6" or overhang. I'm using stainless 7/16 hardware.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]